We pride ourselves at St Mary’s on manners, tidiness and the warm welcome we extend to visitors. Our Code of Conduct encourages students to take responsibility for themselves and for those around them. Parents should please discuss these points with their daughters. These rules help the school to run smoothly.
- Be COURTEOUS and PUNCTUAL at all times
- Make sure all personal possessions are clearly marked
- Girls in Years 7 to 10 may not enter form rooms, unless it is an indoor break
- Chewing gum is prohibited
- Smoking is prohibited
- Students may only use the apparatus in the hall/gym and the high jump crash mats on the meadow under staff supervision
- Only official school badges may be worn and no jewellery (except watches) are allowed in school. Students who have pierced ears may wear plain studs or sleepers (one per ear) during normal lessons, which must be removed for PE
- Crosses, chains and Stars of David are permitted if written requests are made to the Principal
- Students may not use mobile phones during the day – these items should either be kept in lockers or handed in at the School Office when girls arrive at school in the morning, and collected at the end of the day
- Nail varnish is prohibited
- Long hair must be tied back. Hair fastenings should be subdued/blue
- Hair should be of one, natural, colour
Any confiscated items will be taken immediately to the School Office.