23 January 2018
As part of St Mary’s Eco-Schools Ambassador status, our Senior School is proud to be one of over 1,000 nationwide public drop-off locations for the Air and Home Care Recycling Programme. TerraCycle® and Febreze® have joined forces to create a free recycling programme for air freshener and home care waste. We can accept a range of air and home care products such as bottle caps, which consist of a mix of different materials and are not covered by nationwide recycling schemes. In order to make the recycling process as effective as possible we do not accept plastic bottles, as these can be recycled through most local council collections.
A recent change to the scheme unfortunately means we no longer accept Tassimo and Kenco coffee packing.
Once collected, the air care and home cleaning product packaging is cleaned and melted into hard plastic that can be remoulded to make new recycled products.
In exchange for the items collected, the Air and Home Care Recycling Programme donate money to St Mary’s chosen charity Lepra.
Programme accepted waste:
– plastic bottle caps and plastic trigger heads (used for air care and home cleaning products such as kitchen /bathroom cleaner sprays)
– flexible wipe packaging (used for home cleaning products)
– pumps and caps for home cleaning products
– plastic air freshener packaging (please remove any cardboard and recycle these with your household collections)
– plastic air fresheners and air freshener cartridges.
For more information see https://www.terracycle.co.uk/en-UK/brigades/air-and-home-care-brigade